Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Carolina Cobra (Carowinds)



With the Carowinds Giga-Coaster construction beginning just minutes from my house, its quite easy to forget about the other coasters in Carowinds' collection. Perhaps one of the most neglected although just added in 2009 is the Carolina Cobra. Lets just talk about the first time I rode it. I boarded the train after a half hour wait not expecting much, y'know, just another Vekoma boomerang. Upon boarding, I immediately noticed a welcome change to the Vekoma trains; Instead of OTSR, the Vekoma's updated trains include restraints much like Banshee. A vest, I might call it. The ride other than that was just another Vekoma boomerang. Get this though. No OTSR made all the difference, I actually enjoyed this ride. There was no headbanging of course, and this is BY FAR the best boomerang coaster out there (Besides Deja Vu)

Drop(S): 7/10
Length: 6/10
Comfort: 7/10
Inversions: 6/10
Speed: 6/10
Smoothness: 6/10
Intensity: 7/10

Overall: 71/100 (Good)


No comments:

Post a Comment