Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Gemini (Cedar Point)



First off, let me say I love racing coasters. I also like riding a good ol' mine train. Well, that's what Gemini was. A giant racing mine train. Sure it didn't go through any mines, but the track felt exactly the same, with the slight jerkiness to it. Anyway, I rode this ride with two of my siblings and a friend. Myself and my sister rode on the red side, whilst my brother and one of our friends rode on the blue. Let me get this out of the way; I don't know what it is with Cedar Point and these absolutely horrid lap bars (used on Gemini and Magnum) but they flat out suck. I can say with every fiber in my body these rides would be much better with different style restraints. We immediately head up the lift, and I receive a great view of Magnum and the water park, as well as the lake. The nighttime sky really sets a calm atmosphere, as well as the fireworks exploding in front of us. I prepare myself for a fairly tame 118 foot drop. I sat in the back of the train, so the moment we went over the drop I was hit with great ejector air (As well as a bit of pain from the lap bar). While the rest of the ride was fairly fun although a bit slow in some areas, the racing aspect was awesome, and I was even surprised by how much airtime the ride had. Not an awful lot of airtime, but a good amount. The ride was a bit jerky at the bottom of the first drop, but I really didn't mind, and while the lap bar pain wasn't nearly on the level of Magnum, it was still slightly irritable. While Gemini isn't an enthusiasts dream, it still proves to be a fun ride even after all these years, so it gets my thumbs up.

Drop: 8/10
Length: 8/10
Comfort: 6/10
Airtime: 7/10
Speed: 6/10
Smoothness: 6/10
Intensity: 5/10

Overall: 73/100 (Good)

No comments:

Post a Comment