Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Hollywood: Rip Ride Rockit (Universal Studios Orlando Florida)



With my trip to Florida in 2013 came a coaster unlike any other I've ridden before, so I didn't know what to expect from Rip Ride Rockit. After a glorious day at Islands of Adventure, I entered Universal Studios, and bee-lined straight for the 167 foot tall ride. After a brief 5 minute line, I sit in the seat and choose my song on the touch screen in front of me; a very nice touch to the ride. I don't have much time before I was staring straight up at the sky headed up the vertical lift. I wasn't intimidated as I have ridden many verical lifting rides, but the fact that it is a vertical lift still unnerves me (In a good way). I don't have much time to take in the view before we plummet into the "Double-Take" inversion: A non-inverting loop. A few helices, turns and drops later we hit the mid-course brake run, and I must say I was enjoying myself. The ride ended, and I got 2 more rides before I took off to the other rides of the park. My only complaint is that the ride seems to have a rattle to it which threatened to give me a headache after three rides. The lack of intensity could also be a legit complaint, but I felt that this ride is more focused on action, music and overall fun than intensity and hardcore coaster fan g-forces. Rip Ride Rockit was however a fun, lengthy ride and should not be missed if one is at Universal.

Drop: 7/10
Length: 9/10
Comfort: 9/10
Elements: 8 /10
Speed: 7/10
Smoothness: 7/10
Intensity: 5/10

Overall: 82/100 (Great)

No comments:

Post a Comment