Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Georgia Scorcher (Six Flags Over Georgia)



There are two kinds of people: Those who enjoy stand ups, and those who don't. Personally, I am not a fan. I've had bad experience with them from the start. I lost my sunglasses on Vortex at Carowinds, received one of the worst migraines of my life on Shockwave at Kings Dominion, etc. Lets just say I wasn't too excited about Scorcher. I decided I would just get it done for a credit, and then move on. So early in the day I decided it was time to get it over with. I boarded the once again uncomfortable seat-thing (though not as bad as others), and we headed straight up the 107 foot lift. While I was praying I would still be able to have children after this ride, my friend kept telling me it was a fun ride. But stand ups are never fun. Oh well. We plunged down a decent 101 foot drop, and we were off to a smooth start. Following a forceful loop, we headed through a good number of random twists and turns, a corkscrew and then onto the brake run. The ride was short, much like other stand ups out there, but that is usually a good thing. But this particular ride was not that painful. The ride was short but sweet, and not too intense. By far the best stand up out there. (I actually rode this more than once ;D)

Drop: 7/10
Length: 6/10
Comfort: 5/10
Inversions: 6/10
Speed: 7/10
Smoothness: 7/10
Intensity: 7/10

Overall: 72/100 (Good)

No comments:

Post a Comment