Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Gatekeeper (Cedar Point)



Another new B&M is always a good thing right? They give very smooth rides (With the exception of a few) and produce fun floaty airtime as well as new innovations such as wing-riders. Gatekeeper was my first wing coaster made by B&M, and I was quite excited. The 15 minute line moved very quickly on this cool Monday evening, and the eagerness in me grew. I boarded the train and pulled down my (slightly uncomfortable) vest restraint. This does eliminate head-banging however. We leave the station after the "all-clear", and head up the 170 foot lift. The lift offered a fantastic view of Lake Eerie and some of the park. We finally reach the peak and are rotated upside down. The 164 foot drop was breathtaking, and it was though I was diving like an eagle towards the ground. After an inversion, we headed over an airtime hill with hardly any airtime. My favorite part of the ride was the giant flat spin, and then the keyhole heartline rolls. Lastly after the MCBR we head into a helix, and finally into the final brakes. All in all I can't say Gatekeeper exceeded my expectations. Though the ride does have a "flying" feel to it, the ride itself was forceless and dull in that category. Nevertheless, it is a great addition to Cedar Points collection, and also creates even more diversity in the park.

Drop: 8/10
Length: 8/10
Comfort: 7/10
Elements: 8/10
Speed: 7/10
Smoothness: 10/10
Intensity: 5/10

Overall: 83/100 (Great)

No comments:

Post a Comment