Monday, July 14, 2014

Ninja (Six Flags Over Georgia)



Last year, it was a great day in June. Me and a few of my friends headed out to Six Flags in Georgia. After rides like Goliath and Batman, as well as the amazing Mindbender, we headed off to the less-popular attractions. We gave Great America Scream Machine a go, which was an okay ride, as well as Georgia Cyclone which was pretty underwhelming. Then we came across Ninja. The first thought that came to mind was "That looks pretty scenic". Y'know, it looks pretty nice over the water. Well, one of my friends who is native to Atlanta warned me, saying it was "excruciatingly painful". I excused this as an exaggeration, and besides, I needed it for the credit. Now, I've been on plenty of rough rides before, including the Hurricane at the old Myrtle Beach Pavilion (but even that had some fun airtime), and the unexpectedly painful Magnum XL-200. I ran to the station along with one of my friends and pulled down my restraint, and soon enough we exited the station up the slow 122 foot lift. After cresting the top, we slowed for a second, and I glanced at my friend with a "What is going on?" expression, and he just laughed. We finally slid down the hill, and slammed into the first inversion. As if the two butterfly elements were not enough, we were then thrown across our seats as we hit the next inversion. By this time a migraine is already forming, and the ride wasn't even half over. Three turns and two gut-wrenching corkscrews later, the train comes to a screeching halt, and I swore; "Never again". Just do not ride this ride. It is pain to the next level. The ride also takes up a large amount of space that could be used for a new coaster. Literally all I like about this ride is the scenic view of it, and the paint job. Besides that, it truly does beat you up, just like any good Ninja should do.

Drop: 4/10
Length: 7/10
Comfort: 5/10
Inversions: 5/10
Speed: 4/10
Smoothness: 1/10
Intensity: 6/10

Overall: 29/100 (Horrible)

No comments:

Post a Comment